libreboot

[Libreboot] E350M1 libreboot test report

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: [Libreboot] E350M1 libreboot test report
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 19:19:07 +0200

Hi,

I use the E350M1 as my server (I never connected a screen to it).

I was asked to test if it worked with libreboot, so I did it.

I compiled libreboot with the patch that I've attached.

Note that to be included into libreboot, the SSDT binary probably needs
to be replaced by an equivalent source code.

Since it is free software as stated by its header, a way to do it would
be to decompile the ACPI bytecode and include the source instead.
In the test I've bringed back the SSDT binary.

Test procedure:
---------------
I flashed the libreboot binary from parabola.
Then I powered the computer off, from parabola.
I then removed the cable from the PSU, waited some seconds and I've
powered it on.
It booted fine. I've not looked yet if everything worked.

I think that the SMU firmware is related to the GPU and/or to power
management. There is a presentation at last CCC which talks about it.

The internal GPU is a radeon, so I don't plan to use it anytime soon.
I'd rather be interesting in making sure it's totally off so it produces
less heat and consume less power.

Denis.