libreboot

[Libreboot] Thinkpad T60 "Supported" LCD Not Working

From: Joshua Bowren
Subject: [Libreboot] Thinkpad T60 "Supported" LCD Not Working
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:34:01 -0400

It appears the LCD I was using either did not have an EDID chip or had one without the information corresponding to the T60. The T60 apparently has hardware that rejects LCDs without this information https://github.com/bibanon/Coreboot-ThinkPads/wiki/Flexview-Screens. This is disappointing, however I was able to get a new LCD, this time with the EDID information, and now my T60 works with libreboot. These days it is hard to get hardware that works solely for the user, but libreboot is definitely a good step.

Of course the EDID chip could be soldered on or overwritten if already present. The link describes how to do this.