libreboot

[Libreboot] Video Output on Modern Displays

From: Joshua Bowren
Subject: [Libreboot] Video Output on Modern Displays
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 10:35:43 -0400

On the current supported thinkpads we have VGA, but most modern displays use HDMI and/or DVI. I tried using a VGA to DVI converter, but I got no picture on my display. I think DVI might use a digital signal which has to be converted from the analog VGA. Do libreboot users typically just use VGA displays or can we convert the signal from VGA to DVI/HDMI.