libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Laptop does not wakup from standby

From: Thomas Umbach
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Laptop does not wakup from standby
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 09:37:33 +0000

Hi Tobias,

On 10/04/2015 08:37 AM, Tobias Platen wrote:

> Congrats!

> I quickly tried to replicate your issue on my X200 (libreboot
> 20150518) with the pm-suspend function of the pm-utils package in
> Debian Jessie and Trisquel Belenos with A) an USB keyboard
> connected directly to a X200 USB 2.0 port; B) an USB keyboard
> connected to a docking USB 2.0 port; C) an USB keyboard connected
> to an USB 3.0 Expresscard, I don't run into any problems.
>
> Which OS?
>> Trisquel 7
> Does this happen when you push another key on the X200 keyboard
>> I did not test this
> beforehand? Does this happen without Xorg?
>> not tested
> Do you have further informations, like a kernel crash dump, errors
> in /var/log/syslog etc.? What have you done to isolate this problem
> so far?

> I have found a workaround for this bug, I just pull the usb plug
> when the computer is in standby, so I can't put the computer in the
> hanging state. I use the USB extension cord that came with my Apple
> keyboard.
>
> I don't have a beaglebone for debugging and flashing, so I won't
> try to fix that bug now. Maybe I have an older version of libreboot
> where this

Once libreboot is installed, there is no need for that. See
http://libreboot.org/docs/install/#flashrom

> bug is not yet fixed, but I expect that minifree installs the
> latest version of libreboot.

I couldn't find informations about a known bug regarding the symptoms
you mention at http://libreboot.org/docs/tasks.html or the two mailing
lists (that is until now).
It might be as well another reason for this.
It can be concluded that without further testing it'll unclear where
this problem originates from.

You also could inform Minifree about this problem, or go visit
#libreboot on FreeNode.

> Tobias Platen
- --
Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Cordialement/Met vriendelijke groet
Thomas Umbach

GPG key fingerprint: FD5E 2543 EE62 7395 00A6  9FBB F228 7A48 7CA2 3FA5