libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Problems installing libreboot on C201

From: Paul Kocialkowski
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Problems installing libreboot on C201
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 10:33:52 +0100

Hi,

Le samedi 05 décembre 2015 à 15:25 +0100, Albin a écrit :
> Den 2015-12-05 kl. 13:27, skrev Paul Kocialkowski:
> > Le samedi 05 décembre 2015 à 00:34 +0100, Albin a écrit :
> >> I just found another guide
> >> (https://gist.github.com/jcs/4bf59314d604538a5098) that mentions a step
> >> that's missing on libreboot.org: besides removing the write-protect
> >> screw one also has to run "flashrom --wp-disable". This should explain
> >> the permissions issue I had.
> >
> > Can you confirm that this is the case (and that you were already using
> > the root account for your first report)? I didn't have to go through
> > this step when flashing, but maybe it is required the first time.
>
> Yes, I was using the root account for the first report. Now I've also
> tried to run the command "flashrom --wp-disable" which does output
> "SUCCESS". That did NOT help though because, just as before, the command
> "./cros-flash-replace flash.img coreboot ro-frid" results in: "bash:
> ./cros-flash-replace: Permission denied".

Ahh I see, so "Permission denied" is not in all caps (which would have
looked like a flashrom error message). I bet this is shell complaining
because the script isn't executable. Try running:
chmod a+x cros-flash-replace

before running it an everything should work fine. Maybe it would be
worth mentioning on the installation page.