libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Suspend-to-RAM survey

From: Marcus Moeller
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Suspend-to-RAM survey
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 13:38:54 +0100

Hi Patrick.

> I'm investigating an issue with suspend-to-RAM that occurs on some X200,
> R400, T400, and T500 laptops.
>
> Could anyone with such a laptop running libreboot try suspending to RAM
> (i.e. closing the lid with Trisquel, not suspending to disk a.k.a.
> hibernating) and then resuming a few times (as many times as you can)
> and provide me with the following information (off-list directly to me
> is fine):
>
>   * Whether resuming from suspend-to-RAM works every time;
>   * If not, what happens instead, in as much detail as possible;
>   * The contents of /proc/cpuinfo; and
>   * The libreboot version being used, if known.

Currently on a X200 with 8MB Flashchip and 2x2GB Samsung (original) RAM.

Suspend to RAM sometimes works, but often fails. There are different
states of failure, e.g. it reboots after wakeup and the suspend led
(moon) is still on. Or it resumes fine but wireless lan is no longer
working.

I am using the latest version of Libreboot (release)

Got a P8700  @ 2.53GHz CPU

I guess this is an issue with RAM init, because I have only seen this
issue with the original Samsung RAM. I am quite sure if I would replace
them with e.g. Kingston, suspend would work fine again.

Greets
Marcus