libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] GRUB hangs for about 3 minutes

From: taringamberini
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] GRUB hangs for about 3 minutes
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 23:43:52 +0100

On 08/12/2015 23:07, Thomas Umbach wrote:
> Do you use a docking station for the x200 (you don't say whether you do)
> ?
No, I don't use any docking station.

The laptop is connected to the power line only.

> What happens when you boot an OS from another drive (USB stick,
> another hard disk) and then try over with the installation you want to
> be working?

I have tried from USB but I wasn't able. If this is important I can
retry, may be with a live OS, but why you need such information?

> I'm also having trouble with libreboot on x200/t400 when I interrupt
> the "boot" process after cryptomount waits for the passphrase. The
> next time I try to boot my system, the disk is not recognised any more
> in the grub payload (for around 10-30 reboots).

I have tried to interrupt the boot after cryptomount waits for the
passphrase, but later boots start regularly.

> [cut]

Best regards,
Tarin

--