libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] X60T correctly flashed/unbrick, LCD probably compatible

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] X60T correctly flashed/unbrick, LCD probably compatible but black screen
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 19:52:36 +0100

Le 14/12/2015 à 12h48, Daniel Tarrero a écrit :
> Hi!!
>
> El sáb, 12-12-2015 a las 22:13 +0100, Garreau, Alexandre escribió:
>> Ok, since I don’t have any serial port nor ultrabase nor usb host
>> device, I didn’t have any way to look at any output from libreboot/grub,
>> until GNUtoo talked me about spkmodem, and said me it was possible with
>
>> just a jack-jack male-male cable and the right module loaded into grub.
>
> console over jack on boot?? Ou yeah!! that turn me on =)
> i'll be pleased if you can post some links, a few steps or some more
> info you have!
>
> i've found it to be a Grub module, that i guess we just have to enable
> in order to get loaded on boot.
>
> and so... what is in the other side? minicom attached to /dev/snd? :S
> weird :)

Within GRUB sources (I downloaded it with git) you have a
util/spkmodem-recv.c file, and, as indicated in the comments in it, you
just need to compile it with “gcc -o spkmodem-recv spkmodem-recv.c”,
connect one end of the jack to the audio input (microphone) of your
computer (the one that is on and from which you will listen) and the
other on the audio output (headspeakers) of the computer that you will
boot with spkmodem module, then you run “parecord --channels=1
--rate=48000 --format=s16le | ./spkmodem-recv” (personally parecord
didn’t work so I used parec instead) and that will write on standard
output all the things about libreboot booting.