libreboot

[Libreboot] Reading the hardware clock

From: Clemens Stadlbauer
Subject: [Libreboot] Reading the hardware clock
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 14:07:57 +0100

Hi everyone,

I had a problem with my new X200 where I could not read the hardware
clock. After looking at the man page for hwclock(8) I discovered the
--directisa option which makes hwclock accesses the clock directly over
special registers. With this option my system clock is now correctly set
on boot without requiring a network connection for NTP.

Best regards
Clemens