libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] I found a workaround to cryptomount problem with DVD dri

From: Daniel Tarrero
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] I found a workaround to cryptomount problem with DVD drive
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 09:12:35 +0200

ey! that got all sense 8) everybody is kung-fu fighting this morning =)

seem that, given the dvd is attached, the device mapping might change
and mess up grub if its configured to point to "the old style" namming
convention (something like hd(0,0) or hd(1,0) i think). This namming can
change when you (re)move hardware.

As you point us, using the suuuuuuuuuuuupper uuids (where the units are mapped
given a 'label'
within the same drive, so it always get the same name regardless it's
position, bus, its removed or moved to another machine. Something like
129436932769-12396128376128-12973651267 that i can remember ^^

nice to learn it solves this issue 8)