libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] GNU mailing lists for libreboot

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 12:01:57 -0600

ng0 wrote:
> Does this mean that the subscribers list was also moved to gnu.org?
> I'm already on their mailman, I'm just not sure wether I need to do
> anything at mailman on nongnu.org and/or gnu.org

You need to do nothing.  All is the same.  When things became an
official GNU project it simply changed the status.  There was no
actual movement.  It is the same mailing list as before.  However with
the status change the mailing list header fields will all say "gnu"
now instead of "nongnu".  Congratulations!

If you have mailing list software that filters and files according to
mail headers (I do) then the filters will now file the new mail with
GNU project mailing list mail instead of in a nongnu folder.  For me
that means I decided to move all of my previous mail folder into the
new for continuity of threads.  But that is optional.

Bob

One of the mailing list helpers and bottle washers.