libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Booting from usb/cd without grub graphics

From: Bruno Dantas
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Booting from usb/cd without grub graphics
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:35:57 -0400

Yes, what you did seems much simpler and safer. Glad to hear you got the CD to
boot. Hopefully it will work just fine from USB as well.

Just in case other people see this thread and decide to give my hack a try, I'd
be careful with my suggested "grub entry to boot from grub" idea: Without being
able to see the output of a "ls" command from grub's command prompt, it would
be impossible to confirm how grub sees the usb port (i.e., whether it sees it
as usb0 or as something else). The idea to create a custom grub entry to boot
the iso directly from hard drive would be a much better bet, as the partition
and path to file are not dependent on grub and would be known for sure.