libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] flashing the c201

From: Duncan Guthrie
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] flashing the c201
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 21:36:43 +0100

Hi Rendov,
Here is some advice from my own experience flashing Libreboot.

If you have the pins correct as you say then this is almost certainly not the
problem. Regardless, I would advise you to check them again just to be sure,
though, as often silly mistakes can be made after working on something for a
long time.

When I externally flashed, I could never get a good connection with SPI speed
of 512. This is due to wires not providing a enough good connection for
stability at this speed. I used SPI speed of 128. It was quite slow but it
worked. I also used the "BBB Screwdriver" tool, which is based on OpenWRT, on a
Beaglebone black: https://www.coreboot.org/BeagleBone_Black_-_screwdriver;
https://www.coreboot.org/BBB_screwdriver. This tool is good for debugging and I
can confirm that a ThinkPad X200 was successfully flashed using this tool. You
will need to verify signatures of ROM images on the computer you control the
BBB from over SSH, then send the file over SSH. The flashrom program is part of
Screwdriver.

Hope this is of use,
D.