libreboot

[Libreboot] T60 Dock High CPU Temp

From: Joshua Bowren
Subject: [Libreboot] T60 Dock High CPU Temp
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 18:55:16 -0400

The idle temperature for my T60 is around 38-44 degrees celsius. When I plug my T60 into its dock (for DVI output) the idle temperature jumps quickly to about 52-58 degrees celsius (with both the previous and current libreboot releases). Anyone else experience this? I am considering using thinkfan to change my fan to react quicker to higher temperatures, but maybe this 52-58 degrees celsius is considered normal for an idle temp.

I use a T7200 CPU. I would suspect other supported thinkpads might experience the same issue. Anyone know a good method of physically keeping a computer cold? I am trying to position mine in a cold area, but it doesn't help much.