libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Lastest Libreboot versions not for my X60 ( Parabola )

From: Olivier Mondoloni
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Lastest Libreboot versions not for my X60 ( Parabola )
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 10:25:15 +0200

Thank you Leah .
I subscribe to the assist parabola mailing list .

Le 14.09.2016 23:47, Leah Rowe a écrit :
Hi Olivier,

On 14/09/16 14:04, Olivier Mondoloni wrote:
Hi,

    I own a notebook with Libreboot formerly known as Gluglug X60s .
    I tested all the lastest libreboot versions ( 20160907, 20160902,
    20160818 ) without success .

    Each test show the grub splash screen with all the menus entries .
After the boot process launch, I have been stuck to the grub splash
    screen with the hard drive led always on .

Hopefully, I could revert back to the 20150518 version with a Parabola GNU/Linux LiveCD especially produced for this purpose ( added french
    language support ,libftdi, make, etc ... ) .

After contacting Leah Rowe, it seems that lastest libreboot versions
works on Trisquel .
    Is there any problems with the grub X60 version on Parabola
GNU/Linux system ?

   For information, I have installed a Parabola GNU/Linux system with
the lastest lts kernel version 4.4.20 and I use a MATE Desktop DE .

Thank you in advance for your quick response .

You should probably ask the Parabola project directly about this. I've
CC'd their user support mailing list in this reply.

--
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.
https://www.gnu.org/

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support freedom. Join the Free Software Foundation.
https://fsf.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/