librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Libre.fm as the central place for obtaining free m

From: Matija Šuklje
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] Libre.fm as the central place for obtaining free music
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 22:32:27 +0100

Dne nedelja 28. februarja 2010 ob 20:57:11 je Jon Spriggs napisal(a):
> It's always easier to say before-hand "We're considering doing this,
> will this cause your label any issues? Is there anything we can do to
> make this great for all of us?" than afterwards saying "What do you
> mean, you're closing down because you've lost all your advertising
> revenue?"

True. Even though it might be legally fine, it'd be nice to ask the labels if
this is not perhaps against their interest (although I'd assume they should
know what they've gotten themselves into by using copyleft music).

> Also, it's great discussing this idea on the list but if
> it's not in the roadmap of where librefm is going, then we're wasting
> bits.

Do you have any better idea on how to put it onto the roadmap then discuss it
on this list? ;)

> This was purely a comment about the fact that StatusNet extended the
> TwitterAPI which (as far as I know) hasn't broken any of the Twitter
> clients that point to the StatusNet servers in the same way that I'd
> imagine extending the API used by any LastFM clients pointing at the
> LibreFM servers shouldn't break them either. Again, any poor wording
> should be blamed on the hour I was writing the original e-mail :)

Oh, OK. I get it now.

Cheers,
Matija
--