librefm-discuss

[Librefm-discuss] Account deletion not working

From: Daniel Aleksandersen
Subject: [Librefm-discuss] Account deletion not working
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:58:49 +0200

Hello Libe.fm list,

I tried deleting my user account to reset it before recreating it again with a clean data profile.

I went to the user edit page, checked off the little box labeled "Delete my account", followed the confirmation link I received by email, and was told the account had been deleted.

I then tried logging in with the account and found that I still had access to the account complete with all data. (Clean cookiejar and cache.)

I then tried recreating the account with the same username and email address but with a different password. I still had access to all my data after confirming the account creation. (Clean cookiejar and cache.)

For a second time I tried deleting my account and was again told it had been deleted after following the confirmation link I received by email. I now again tried logging in to the account and found all my data except the scrubbed tracks this time.

So, how do I go about actually deleting my account in a way that clears all it's data? Oh, and someone should probably fix this. I didn't try signing up with the same username and different email. Suspect I still would have had access to all the data? ...
--
Daniel Aleksandersen
https://www.aeyoun.com/