librefm-discuss

[Librefm-discuss] New client for libre.fm

From: Marius Orcsik
Subject: [Librefm-discuss] New client for libre.fm
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:12:24 +0100

Hi guys,

I have just released the first usable[1][2] version of my new
scrobbler application. It supports scrobbling to last.fm and to
libre.fm, and probably, soon enough, listenbrainz.

It functions as a generic user daemon which listens to DBus signals
sent by any media player[3] that has a MPRIS interface exposed.

The application is not yet packaged for any OS, but compilation should
be easy enough anywhere where the listed dependencies are available.

The code is in a state of flux, as I'm not 100% satisfied with it, but
any comments, testing, ideas or pull requests are welcome.

Best,
/Marius

[1] https://github.com/mariusor/mpris-scrobbler/releases/tag/v0.1.0
[2] mostly usable, see below for caveats
[3] the way media players send these signals is not very uniform so
there can be a lot of differences between how well it works. Currently
the best supported client is, ironically, Spotify.