libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] Proposed Proof of Concept Tax Calculation

From: Daniel Villarreal
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] Proposed Proof of Concept Tax Calculation
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 07:12:53 -0400

Hi Greg,

On 06/12/2016 08:57 PM, Greg Knittl wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> There's not much info on the democamp page or
> http://www.websred.com/ You would have to contact the company
> directly. It would certainly be interesting to review their design
> but it's not advertised as open source. It would be interesting to
> know if they have developer agreement with the CRA and what the
> terms are.

I would first try to discern the government bidding
procedure/terms/conditions before approaching a private company. It's
nice to know there are people around who are apparently familiar with
doing something in the related field of software.

> I'm not sure why they would be motivated to help us. We might be
> potential competitors...

Indeed.

> If we can crowd source the T1, it ought to be possible to crowd
> source the R&D reporting... I'm in Toronto... But if you can think
> of a way to approach them, then go for it. We need all the allies
> we can get. I would be more curious about other Libre Software tax
> packages around the world.

May I email you off-list on this topic? Of course it's preferable to
keep relevant discussion on this in the mailing list, but I just want
to run a few ideas by you first.

later,
Daniel

> Greg
>
> On 16-06-08 11:25 PM, Daniel Villarreal wrote:
>> Might the following be helpful ?
>>
>> http://www.softwarehamilton.com/democamp/democamphamilton24/
>>
>> *Demo 4 "*WebSRED software-as-a-service to automate R&D tax
>> credit capture and reporting."
[...]
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Greg Knittl
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> ... CRA is going to be a complex project... We can still
>>> advance on paper filing while we struggle with opening the CRA
>>> interfaces. That's going to require a design document....
>>> Along with the design document is a proof of concept sample
>>> problem specs....people might want to start collaborating...
>>>
>>> Greg
[...]