libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] tax software name

From: Allan Zhang
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] tax software name
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 11:37:22 -0400

I think a name like ImpôtLibreTax will alienate both English and French
speakers.

Present software has simple names like TurboTax or StudioTax and a simpler one
will be more useful (what does the average person think of a software called
ncmpcpp?)

Looking at the application, they want a clearly defined scope. Federal and
provincial? What languages? Which provinces? Web, mobile, and/or desktop?

This should be sorted out before the two week deadline. Perhaps discussed here
and tracked on the wiki.

But importantly, who is going to brunt the costs?
Is there a developer fee if your application is approved?