libreplanet-ca-qc

[Libreplanet-ca-qc] Fwd: FSF member benefits now include an instant-mess

From: Fabian Rodriguez
Subject: [Libreplanet-ca-qc] Fwd: FSF member benefits now include an instant-messaging service
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 01:24:59 -0500

PVI

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 18:26:48 -0500
From: Free Software Foundation <address@hidden>
To: Fabian Rodriguez

Dear Members,

Enjoy one additional benefit of supporting the FSF through a membership.

We now offer members an XMPP (Jabber) service that they can use to communicate with any other XMPP user, whether on the FSF's server or elsewhere.

You can take advantage of the service by connecting with your favorite instant-messaging client to member.fsf.org, with encryption on, using your FSF username and password. (Please report any problems you encounter to .)

One of the more popular free software clients you can use with XMPP is Pidgin; the Free Software Directory lists all the others we know about.

Thank you for supporting the FSF through a membership!

Sincerely,
--
Jeanne Rasata
Program Assistant