Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free software replacements to Dropbox?

From: Nicolás Reynolds
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free software replacements to Dropbox?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:31:35 -0300

El 23/09/11 07:51, Anthony Papillion dijo:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> So I'm working at putting together a 'cloud at home' type of solution
> where I move all my current hosted solutions to a home server. So far,
> I've been able to replace everything except Dropbox. As a compromise,
> I've been using Ubuntu One but I'd really like something that hosts my
> data locally but makes it accessible over the web. I'd also really
> like it to be free software or at the very least open source.

Hi, you may be interested in the FreedomBox Project[1] :)

Setting up a local HTTP or FTP server isn't hard. For a P2P solution Tahoe
LAFS[2] looks good.

[1]: http://freedomboxfoundation.org
[2]: http://tahoe-lafs.org/

--
Salud!
Nicolás Reynolds,

OTR: C0CB1F0F 01DB5E18 2D634C2A A4626858 E7C7C3A2

http://parabolagnulinux.org
http://endefensadelsl.org

"Freedom [...] is messy" ~ Eben Moglen