Re: [libreplanet-discuss] New GNU

From: Christophe Poncy
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] New GNU
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 00:38:28 +0200

Hi David,

On Mon, 07 May 2012 16:50:00 -0500, David Steinhafel wrote:

Does anybody else agree that we should try spreading Free Software using
different methods depending on the audience we're trying to reach? I
think it would be a good idea to have (at least?) two slightly different
2012 GNU 'campaigns', one targeting all/general computer users and
another targeting proficient users, developers, programmers, etc.

I don't think so. The meaning of free software is simple enough to be explained the same way to everybody. IMO, it is more powerful to focus on the definition, then calling to direct action, asking people to apply the philosophy on their own life depending of their skills... Wanted to add that I really love the introduction of **Free Software, Free Society** by Lawrence Lessig...