Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Network Services [was: Tack

From: Miles Fidelman
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Network Services [was: Tackling Network Effect]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 12:09:53 -0400

Patrick Anderson wrote:
I am willing to pay for domain registration and hosting if nobody else
volunteers, or no organisation can donate it, if there is a good design. (Of
course, donations would be welcome to help spread the cost!)
We could compete with Facebook immediately (the Free Software is
already written) if we understood how to cover the costs of *HOST* that
software in such a way that those costs continue to be covered, even
as those hardware requirements increase in scale.

Ahh... you mean USENET! (Remember USENET?  It's still humming along.)