Re: [libreplanet-discuss] appreciation payment protocol

From: Ramana Kumar
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] appreciation payment protocol
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 07:40:01 +0100

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 9:27 PM, Robert Martinez <mail@mray.de> wrote:

On 23/08/12 10:02, Ramana Kumar wrote:
Does anyone have other ideas?

Supposed bitcoin is an acceptable currency you could write a software that locally buffers, shares and sends fractions out to the recipients in a monthly frequency.
That would be imitating flatter locally with bitcoin.

just an idea.

Sure, that might be a good idea to imitate flattr without the fees.
I'm starting to have serious doubts about bitcoin as an acceptable currency, though.
If anyone here knows better, let me know. These are the problems I've found:
Arguably one can avoid the last problem by using a web service like InstaWallet, but that requires one to trust that website, and it's unsatisfying not to be running your own client whose source code you can both read and understand.