Re: [libreplanet-discuss] FLOSS alternatives to ohsowe.com and nextdoor.

From: Fabian Rodriguez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] FLOSS alternatives to ohsowe.com and nextdoor.com?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 14:39:26 -0500

El 2012-11-30 10:06, Mary-Anne Wolf escribió:

I don't know that they are libre, but there are

[...]

Many thanks for the detailed answer, I was able to use that to search a bit further.

I found this, which one can self-host, based off Drupal, for time-sharing:
http://community.timebanks.org/

I have yet to find something for actual goods bartering/loaning/sharing done with free open source software.

Non-free services also seem to be all U.S./English-only centric, making their use inpractical in other countries/languages. It's one of the reasons I am looking for FLOSS, so language support and features can be improved by contributors.

I'll keep looking, any other suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Fabian Rodriguez
http://fsf.magicfab.ca