Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 19:09:50 -0400

What I've heard so far are compelling arguments for both sides of the
general principle. What I haven't heard is a specific reason why the FSF
should change the license on a particular page. Translations have been
mentioned, but those already exist on the FSF pages. And I've personally
downloaded a copy of the fsf site from its version control system, made
modifications, and sent patches which have been applied, so I can't say
I've met any other issues with modifying the site either.

On a personal note, reading all of this has helped me focus my thinking
on this issue. Specifically:

    Software runs the same on every equivalent computer. Computers are
not unique; one loaded with the same software is as good as
another. This isn't true of people because people are unique. These
unique personal opinions of people matter and deserve to be heard and
preserved as a unique representation of an unique individual; a human
voice. To reflect this, I will be moving my personal blog from CC-BY-SA
to a BY-ND license, namely:
[https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/]