[libreplanet-discuss] copyleft for businesses

From: Catonano
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] copyleft for businesses
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 13:44:26 +0100

Hello people,

I have been quietly listening on this list for a while, for general knoledge

Today I run into this speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxIEDNyZOkA&html5=1

I believe it's relevant, here

I have sometimes seen arguments, on this list, about the practicality of free software for business.

Now this is a business kind of guy and he makes the argument that the GPL is better than permissive licenses FOR BUSINESSES

He doesn't even attempt the freedom issue, he doesn't go into ethics. He advocates the GPL as better for the bottom line.

It surprised me, I had never run into such an argument.