Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Uniform look-and-feel on GNU/Linux

From: Will Hill
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Uniform look-and-feel on GNU/Linux
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 16:38:12 -0500

Multiple tool kits with long term continuity that work well together are a
free software strength.  I regularly use best of class applications from KDE,
Gnome, Trinity, Window Maker, and others on E16.  I'm able to share
information between these programs, on multiple computers, in ways that are
impossible on non free platforms.  UI and toolset whiplash is something I
hate and is regularly forced on non free software users.  Those other
platforms are hardly more consistent and are almost always less functional.
Free software has given me both beautiful new things and UI continuity with a
time scale of decades.  Here, have a look,

http://50.80.140.55/photo_album/chron/desktop/trinity16.html
http://50.80.140.55/photo_album/chron/desktop/thinkpad/thinkpads.html

Please do not call the software I love "ugly" or say that I do not care.  I'm
going to some effort to keep things stable for myself.  Your goals are better
than those negative terms.  Talk about things you consider beautiful and tell
people specific things you consider helpful to people with disabilities.