[libreplanet-discuss] Management Engine

From: Julien Kyou
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Management Engine
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 21:19:29 -0400

I am aware that ME's are bad (Intel's and AMD's) but I cannot find the information needed to make an informed decision as to whether/how-much I care.

Until just recently I didn't even think to consider Freedom in Hardware. I purchased things as if they would then belong to me. As a result I have much propriety crap, but the centerpiece of my collection is an Intel LGA2011-v3 cpu.

I am stuck because this could make fantastic (powerful) server, but at what cost (to my freedom)