Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Help Wanted Site for Free Software Projects

From: Nicolás A . Ortega
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Help Wanted Site for Free Software Projects
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 18:01:16 +0200

> Hi Mx. Ortega,

Nicolás is fine, adfeno, I'm Deathsbreed from #fsf and #parabola.

> Perhaps we can make use of LibrePlanet wiki (which uses Semantic
> MediaWiki, which is more dynamic than MediaWiki) to do such listings.

I am not sure that MediaWiki would be the right tool for the job. What's
more, it may be better to have it be its own site (perhaps a subdomain).
It may not be a bad idea to take what GNU Savannah currently has and
modify it so that it can be used independently.

The most important thing, and I would like to stress this, is that
posting a 'Help Wanted' request should be open to any Free Software
project. There are already an abundance of these but limited to certain
repository hosts. THis should be collectively for the entirety of the
Free Software community and promoted wherever possible in order to make
it an easy place of access for new contributors (something that new
contributors can easily find on sites dedicated to Free Software).

--
Nicolás A. Ortega (Deathsbreed)
https://themusicinnoise.net/