Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Community feedback is needed on whether Libreb

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Community feedback is needed on whether Libreboot should apply to re-join GNU
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 23:14:50 +0100

UPDATE:

The community here and in various other places where Libreboot users
are prevalent, has decidedly voted in favour of a reunion with the GNU
project.

See update on the Reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/libreboot/comments/66tdds/proposal_for_libreboo
t_rejoin_gnu_community/

Alyssa Rosenzweig, Libreboot's designated spokesperson, is handling
the re-join in addition to all communication with the GNU project.

I have stepped down as leader of the Libreboot project, while still
contributing to it.

Libreboot will soon apply to re-join the GNU project. It is not yet
certain whether the GNU project would indeed accept Libreboot as a
renewed member.

RMS of GNU and John Sullivan of the FSF have both accepted my
apologies, via private emails. With that, plus consent from Libreboot
core maintainers and acceptance by the community, an attempt at
re-joining the GNU project is now in progress.

You can keep up to date with further news, on the Libreboot News
section on the website:
https://libreboot.org/news/

On 22/04/17 05:53, Leah Rowe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Context: https://libreboot.org/news/unity.html
> https://libreboot.org/news/proposal-rejoin-gnu.html
>
> Main discussion thread:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/libreboot/comments/66tdds/proposal_for_libreb
oo

t_rejoin_gnu_community/

> Thoughts are welcomed. If the community agrees, I will begin the
> application process for Libreboot to be considered for re-entry
> into the GNU project.

- --
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free BIOS - https://libreboot.org/

Use a free operating system, GNU+Linux.
Or use LibertyBSD.

Support computer user freedom - https://peers.community/
https://fsf.org/ - https://gnu.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: https://minifree.org/