Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GPL for physical object

From: David Hedlund
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] GPL for physical object
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 21:34:20 +0200

       https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html says

       Licenses for Designs for Physical Objects

(#Designs <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#Designs>)

Circuits are meant for practical use, so circuit designs should carry a free license. We recommend releasing them under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. Version 3 was designed for such use.

3D-printer plans for objects meant for practical use should also be free. We recommend the GNU GPL or one of the Creative Commons licenses that are free: CC-BY, CC-BY-SA, or CC0.

3D-printer plans for decorative objects are artistic works; any of the Creative Commons licenses is ok for them.