Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Purism is not free hardware

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Purism is not free hardware
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 00:33:09 +0100

Stefan Nagy <stefan.nagy@posteo.net> writes:

> Am 07.03.2018 23:04 schrieb Taiidan@gmx.com:
>> "Grassroots:
>> Purism, makers of fine free hardware"
>>
>> https://libreplanet.org/2018/sponsors
>>
>> Purism isn't free hardware, […]
>
> You are right, they don't offer free hardware. Since I respect their
> work
> I wrote them an email and asked them to correct that.
>
> It seems like they are willingly trying to unmake their reputation with
> stupid misstatements like that. I don't get it…

This was purely our mistake. Purism did not request that tagline (or any
tagline at all).

I apologize to Todd and the Purism crew, and to everyone for the
confusion. I'm sorry.

(We don't even currently certify free hardware -- only hardware that
works with and supports free software.)

-john

GPG Key: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7 5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
https://status.fsf.org/johns | https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<https://my.fsf.org/join>.