Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libreboot workshop at libreplanet 2018

From: Arthur Torrey
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libreboot workshop at libreplanet 2018
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 20:16:22 -0400 (EDT)

I am delighted to hear this - I had actually asked about this very thing
earlier in the week and had been told it wasn't happening this year, glad that
it is going to happen informally at least...

I have at least two laptops that can be reflashed as far as I can tell from the
coreboot site...  Possibly more, will bring the collection and see what can be
done and what can't...

Definite? Thinkpad T400 and T500
Maybe - Thinkpad T61 and SL500
Less likely, but perhaps - A Dell laptop of about the same age, not sure of
model offhand
Unlikely but - Dell "Inspiron Mini" and MSI "Wind Notebook" - both are ~2008
vintage, use Atom CPUs...

None of the systems are currently backed up, but I have 4 spare 3.5" hard
drives.

PSU's as needed.

I do regrettably need to keep one machine able to boot a fairly recent version
of that evil proprietary OS as there is some stuff I must be able to run that
has no GNU/Linux alternative....

ART
Arthur Torrey - <arthur_torrey@comcast.net>
Message: 3