Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Key signing party during libreboot & educode

From: Gunnar Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Key signing party during libreboot & educode
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 23:23:56 -0600

Marcus Wilson dijo [Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 07:35:38PM -0500]:
> I would love to participate in a key signing party. I’ve never heard
> of finger print cards though. Can anyone link to these?

In a nutshell, it is not advised to sign your ID on the spot; it's
best to exchange signatures in slips of paper, and later at home check
them, sign and mail them. I *strongly* suggest you to use the "caff"
program, part of Debian's "signing-party" package.

The most basic information you need to include there is your name, the
*full* fingerprint for the key to be signed, and the mail addresses
you have identities for; that's *very* close to the output of «gpg
--fingerprint $yourkey». Many people print business cards with the
relevant information; that's perfectly accepted as well.

> We can organize in IRC during the conference or if someone has
> access to a large format printer that wants to make a sign we could
> have a banner.

Yes, lets arrange that way.