Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Key signing party during libreboot & educode

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Key signing party during libreboot & educode
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 10:12:50 -0400

Nicolas Pettiaux <nicolas@pettiaux.be> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I am attending libreplanet, coming from Brussels, Belgium the place
> where FOSDEM has taken place yearly since 2000. We hold here a key
> signing party that is considered important if we want to build a
> distributed trust society. It is organized along the process described
> in [1].
>
> Is there a keysigning party during LibrePlanet ? I have not found any.
>
> Would it be possible to set one up simply even with such a short delay ?
>
> I would with pleasure exchange keys and show my ID to as many people as
> possible during libreplanet.
>
> I would also like to have the opportunity to present the educode.be
> international conference on education and technology in Brussels on
> August 27, 28, 29 2018 where we want to « Inform, train and make the
> educaton community reflect on the challenee of the digital world »
>
> As we shall teach the teachers, also about coding, this implies access
> to the code and we shall ONLY use free software on smartphones, desktops
> and the web. I have had the pleasure to turn down the proposal of
> Microsoft to collaborate (and refuse their money which was harder !)
> until THEY decide to change their licence for all the products they
> propose in education. I have also had the change to explain, when I was
> told « but we at Microsoft, we do also do open source », that we do not
> do open-source but only free software, which is a subtle but essential
> difference (thanks to rms for the explanation years ago)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Nicolas
>
> [1] https://fosdem.org/2018/keysigning/
> [2] http://educode.be and http://esi.link/educode-program and
> http://esi.link/educode-affiche-fr-01
>
> I'll come with the new version of the poster translated in English, as
> well as a roll-up that I hope to set somewhere

I think keysigning will be good at the hack night on saturday, and
probably in the common area of mit, perhaps at any librebooting area.
Also, I encourage anyone interested in key signing to add their
name here, https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:GNU/Keysigning/Offers
and add a note (attending libreplanet 2018) as I've done. Or feel
free to suggest something else.

--
Ian Kelling
FSF Sysadmin