libtool

Dynamically loading C++ Modules on Solaris

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Dynamically loading C++ Modules on Solaris
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:40:04 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to get the dramatic loading of C++ libraries to work on Solaris
but I am running into problems with the fact that shared C++ libraries are
not provided on many systems because Gcc does not enable them by
default.  Is there a way to get dynamic C++ libraries to work on Solaris
when only a static C++ library is available.  If not does some one know
where I can find precompiled shared Gcc 2.95.2 shared C++ libraries on
Solaris?  Failing that would it be possibly for some people to arrange to
send my the precompiled library as it is rather difficult for me to
compile it myself as I have a 25 MB quota.  I currently using Solaris 2.7
but I would like to be able to get this working on as many platforms as
possible.

On a similar note.  What is the status of getting the dynamic loading of
C++ libraries to working on Win32?

The project would like to do this for is Pspell
(http://pspell.soucreforge.net). So far I have only been able to get this
working fully on Linux and have not herd from anyone success on other
platforms.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I did talk to you guys earlier about some of these issues a while back
in case you remember.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net