libtool

Re: Problem with AM_ENABLE_SHARED and AM_PROG_LIBTOOL

From: edward
Subject: Re: Problem with AM_ENABLE_SHARED and AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:19:55 -0500

check the fftw package for installation instructions.

it's possible they forgot to include an updated aclocal.m4, in which case
you may have to generate it yourself. you will need automake, autoconf,
libtool and perl.

you might consider contacting the package maintainers, if there is no
information about things related to installing the package correctly (hint
look for steps including aclocal, automake, and autoconf).

note. most packages that are ready to be distributed *should not require*
these steps. might be an oversight on the package maintainers.

cheers,
edward