libtool

Re: Libtool for C++, Windows and Unix

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: Libtool for C++, Windows and Unix
Date: 31 May 2001 00:22:20 -0300

On May 30, 2001, Esben Haabendal Soerensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am using libtool 1.3.3 for my C++ project using libtool and
> libltdl.  I seem to have it working.  What are the reasons I should
> need the ML-branch ?

Because libtool works for C++ only on the few targets on which it uses
the compiler for linking.  On most targets that don't support linking
static libraries into shared libraries, libtool runs the linker
directly, which means that you won't get either of the C++ library or
the dynamic-constructor support object files linked in.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}