libtool

linking with fltk-1.1

From: Ted Irons
Subject: linking with fltk-1.1
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:01:17 -0700

We are using cygwin (1.3.9) with fltk-1.1 on a
Windows NT machine.

Our C++ package uses autoconf, automake, and
libtool to maintain the build system.
CXXFLAGS contains -DWIN32.
LDFLAGS contains -no-undefined and -mwindows.
configure.ac contains the AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL.
However, when I run configure I'm using the --disable-shared flag.

The program has fltk, glut, and opengl calls.
Fltk was built using its configure under cygwin
(one of the flags that this sets is -DWIN32).   The fltk
test programs build and run fine.

Since the program seg faults  (in an fltk call)
when invoked,  I was wondering if there was
some kind of disconnect between the fltk libraries
and our libraries.  Something that I may have
missed?   The program seems to link correctly
(except for a missing _WinMainCRTStartup call,
which it says it can't find and will default to
some address that seems to correspond to _mainCRTStartup).

This program works under  Solaris, Linux, and IRIX.

Thanks in advance,
- Ted