libtool

Re: libtool: install: warning: relinking filname.la ???

From: Nelson . Broat
Subject: Re: libtool: install: warning: relinking filname.la ???
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:21:29 -0400

My problem stemmed from the fact that unixODBC wasn't finding Qt during the
configuration step. This despite having the proper paths set, to the best
of my knowledge, and passing those paths on the configure command. So
here's what I did. I simply edited config.cache after running config to see
that it once again did not find Qt. I edited the file, and placed in it,
those paths which I was trying to pass to it on the command line. I then
renamed it to something else, issued a make distclean, and reran configure
but this time with the --cache-file= option. Now it found Qt, and then both
make and make install worked without
the messages listed below. And my missing files were created. Weird....but
I'll take it. :-)

Nelson

                      address@hidden

                      .cuny.edu                To:       address@hidden

                      Sent by:                 cc:

                      address@hidden        Subject:  libtool: install:
warning: relinking  filname.la   ???
                      .org

                      06/14/2002 05:45

                      PM

While issuing a make install for a package called unixODBC I received the
following two messages and was wondering what they meant.

There were no errors during the configure or make steps that I could see,
but the make install did not produce two very important files:
ODBCConfig and DriverManager.

Any help is appreciated, here are the messages. Thanks.

     libtool:  install:  warning:  relinking libodbccr.la

&  libtool:  install: warning:  relinking libboundparam.la

Nelson