libtool

Re: self contained library

From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak
Subject: Re: self contained library
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:21:22 +0100 (CET)

Do you mean by "self-contained" that it should even contain the C library
functions it uses?

If so, the only way I know of doing it is to make a static library
archive, and link it into a shared library, statically linking the C
library into it.

I don't think Libtool knows how to do this, though (but you might get a
long way getting it to make you a shared library and re-linking it
statically to libc)

rlc