libtool

Re: libtool and cl

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: libtool and cl
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:04:46 -0600

Braden,

For libltdl to work, you'd have to have Windows
declspec(__dllimport) and declspec(__dllexport) applied
properly, which isn't currently done.  As far as libname.lib
being used for both static & dynamic, AIX uses libname.a for
both, and in fact, libname.a can be BOTH a static & dynamic
library in the same file under AIX.
What we do for AIX is we only build one or the other, i.e.
if --enable-shared is passed, we build shared only.  I don't
think it would take much work to get this up and running.

Good luck,

Robert