libtool

Re: CygWin woes

From: Max Bowsher
Subject: Re: CygWin woes
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:08:18 +0100

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> Libtool 1.5 (released just a day ago) has no problems that I am aware
> of with building DLLs under Cygwin.  However, any libraries that your
> library depends on must also be built as a DLL, and some key Cygwin
> libraries (e.g. libstdc++ and libXt) are not delivered as DLLs.

>From the Cygwin libtool-1.5-1 release notes:
o Skips the "DLLs may only depend on other DLLs" check when the
   dependency is one of the "standard" runtime libs which are currently
   available only in static form (libgcc.a, libstdc++.a, etc) on
   cygwin/mingw.

But I don't think libXt is considered sufficiently "standard" to be included
in this.

> I strongly recommend upgrading to 1.5.  Hopefully it will become
> Cygwin "standard" soon, if not already.

Its already on the master site, although not all the mirrors have caught up
yet.

Max.