libtool

Re: Alternate SONAME values

From: Keith Packard
Subject: Re: Alternate SONAME values
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:45:14 -0700

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 16:15 +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> Keith, could you confirm that this would be enough for your needs, when
> given as install mode switch?  Current idea would be to have it install
> the first name from library_names only, do not delete the symlinks nor
> create new ones, do not install the .la file.

As mentioned previously, I actually do need multiple unversioned .so
files installed at the same time...

> Or do you also need to prevent creating the symlinks in the build tree
> (below $builddir/.libs/), maybe because you actually build all three
> library major versions in the same directory?  Then we'd need to do
> something at link mode.

Oh, I don't care about this; I can construct parallel directories if
necessary (there actually were parallel directories a few days ago as
the library was autotooled by people unfamiliar with the *_la_CFLAGS
behaviour of automake)

-keith