libtool

Re: Uninstalled interlibrary dependencies

From: Magnus Lie Hetland
Subject: Re: Uninstalled interlibrary dependencies
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:02:04 +0100

On Mar 14, 2006, at 13:10, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Hi Magnus,

[snip]
Do you specify the dependency on libfoo.la at link time?

Yes -- I use:

_foo_la_LIBADD = $(top_srcdir)/src/libfoo.la

It all works well when I install everything -- because _foo.so refers to the installed location of libfoo.so.

Which libtool version do you use,

1.5.20

what says `./libtool --config',

Uhm. That dumps quite a lot of info... Any particular variables you need?

(BTW: I see here that fast_install=needless -- so there's something special about that going on, it seems...)

which system are you on?

Mac OS X.

This article and thread has a bit more info on the current state:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.automake.general/6921
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.automake.general/6912

OK -- thanks. I'll have a look.

--