libtool

Re: Libtool release plan

From: Olly Betts
Subject: Re: Libtool release plan
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:28:41 +0000 (UTC)

On 2006-05-16, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> Feel free, any kind of feedback is helpful.  Esp. we're looking for
> packages that are broken by the new Autoconf, so that unintended
> incompatibilities can be fixed before the release.

I've tried it now.  I didn't have to modify any of the configure scripts
at all.

I found a bug in autoreconf (patch sent to autoconf-patches), and the
HP-UX build fails because GCC doesn't understand "+b" (which is fixed by
the patch I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread).

Otherwise everything seems much as before, except that some cross-builds
give a warning when they can't find a suitably crossed fortran compiler
and find a native one instead.

The warning is rather daft because I don't have any fortran code in
the project so I've no interest in what fortran compilers it can
or can't find.  I guess it's libtool that's resulting in the configure
probe for a fortran compiler, which is a long standing issue I believe.
If that is meant to be fixed, something is going wrong.

Anyway, here's the log:

http://www.oligarchy.co.uk/tinderbox/full/1147766318.16672.html.gz

Anyway, I'll leave it bootstrapping with CVS autoconf and libtool for
now, and update the versions from CVS periodically.

Cheers,
    Olly