libtool

Re: GNU Libtool 2.1b released (alpha release)

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: GNU Libtool 2.1b released (alpha release)
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:26:49 +0800

Hi Bob!

On 1 Feb 2008, at 11:17, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

It is good that this is only an alpha release since it is now broken. Perhaps the massive flurry of changes at the very last minute was not a wise idea.

Well, I only applied the 2 patches that have been open for comment on the list for the last few days, plus a workaround for the autoconf compiler droppings bug that prevented me from running make distcheck, plus the changes to version numbers and the like during the release process...

I have been updating every few days without issues but today libtool broke GraphicsMagick:

gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target `argz.lo', needed by `ltdl/ libltdlc.la'. Stop.

Configured with --enable-ltdl-convenience.

I can't reproduce it here, with or without --enable-ltdl-convenience.

What does this show in your environment?

  $ grep lt_ltdl_dir= configure
  lt_ltdl_dir='ltdl'
  $ grep lt_libobj_prefix
  lt_dlopen_dir="$lt_ltdl_dir"; lt_libobj_prefix="$lt_ltdl_dir/"
        _ltdl_libobjs="$_ltdl_libobjs $lt_libobj_prefix$i.$ac_objext"
        _ltdl_ltlibobjs="$_ltdl_ltlibobjs $lt_libobj_prefix$i.lo"

What version of autoconf are you using?

Did you apply my small patch to the GraphicsMagick configure.ac and bootstrap scripts?

Cheers,
        Gary
--
Gary V. Vaughan (address@hidden)