libtool

Getting filenames for libraries

From: Jason Curl
Subject: Getting filenames for libraries
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 20:43:35 +0100

Hello,

I can't move over to libtool 2.2.x just yet (most distros I support still have 1.5.26 - sorry) and I'm generating libraries.

Is there any way, given an la file, to get the file name of the library that will be generated at make time?

libtool --config gives me partial information (such as the library_names_spec and soname_spec) but some of the variables are missing, such as ${shared_ext}, etc. I was kind of hoping there might be also someway to call script libtool and get the information directly from the source, is this even possible?

If libtool 2.2.x supports this, I guess it might be one reason to move up, however most of our development environments (SuSE 11.0, cygwin, solaris) still have libtool 1.5.26.

I'm writing a macro to get this, but it seems much a copy of libtool and what's in the m4 files from libtool.

Thanks,
Jason.